“For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in…” ~Matthew 25
The Bethany Food Pantry is open every Monday from 4:00 – 5:30pm at the church. Every week, we offer food to any of our neighbors who need it. The amount of food you receive is based on the size of your family. You do not need identification to receive food. On the third Mondays of every other month a meal is offered in the gathering space from 4-5:30pm. We hope you find our community friendly and comfortable. Contact Pat Lynn (234-8546, email@example.com) or Kathy Frizzelle (540-421-0941, kmfrizzelle) if you have questions.
HOURS: 4:00 – 5:30pm
Did you know?
– We distribute food to 65-90 households a week, with over 1600 people served in the month of December 2014.
– It takes about 30 volunteers each week to make the Food Pantry happen.
– We pick up donated food from the Staunton Food Lion 3 times per week, which provides 2000-3000 pounds of food for our neighbors.
– We buy and pick up food from the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank each Monday at 8:00am in order to provide enough food for each Monday afternoon distribution.
HELP NEEDED! We need volunteers to help on these Mondays in Verona at 8am to pick out food for the afternoon distribution. If interested, please contact Pat Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you help every so often, it would be greatly appreciated.
– We rely on special monetary donations (marked Food Pantry) in order to pay for the food at the Food Bank or on food donation in the basket in the gathering space.
– Beth Metcalfe and team provides a hot, homemade meal on the third Monday of the month, which feeds 100-200 people for dinner.
– Eddie and Kim Moyer provide toiletry items each month for our neighbors.
– Mt Crawford UMC provides volunteers each week at our food pantry AND toilet paper for our neighbors on the third week of each month.
– Jan Gordon and Punkin’ Fitzwater organize a clothes closet where people from our church and food pantry donate clothes so that we can provide FREE clothing to our neighbors.
– We need your prayers!
Your help is needed!
If you are interested in volunteering or donating food to Bethany’s Food Pantry, please contact Pat Lynn at email@example.com. If you can help with pick- up and delivery on Monday mornings, please call Pat Lynn (234-8546). Also, we are continually in need of your food contributions, which may be put in the barrel in the gathering space. Thanks so much! We need help to set up the shelves on Monday mornings. We start at 10:30 at the church (except on third Mon. when it is at 9:00). Contact Pat Lynn (234-8546, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
Everyone’s help is much appreciated!
If you have any questions, please call our church office at 540-234-8880. We are located at 3700 Lee Highway (Route 11) in Weyers Cave.